Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Pre-Health Professions
Accepting applications for August 2016.
This certificate program designed for those interested in pursuing a medical, veterinary, dental, occupational therapy, physical therapy, physician’s assistant or other health professions program.
Stephens College is proud to offer mid-Missouri’s only certificate program designed to help you get ready for the next step in your health professions career—and the only Missouri program with an online option.
What You'll Learn
Get the courses you need in essential subjects like biology, general chemistry, organic chemistry and physics taught by Stephens faculty. You can tailor your course choices to reflect the requirements of your specific career path, to prepare for the MCAT, or to “fill in the gaps” of your undergraduate education.
How You'll Learn
- Take advantage of 8-week accelerated courses to move through the program quickly
- Choose traditional classroom learning, online learning or a combination of the two
- Quality advising helps you move through the program in a way that reflects and respects your goals
As long-time leaders in science education, our faculty are committed to helping you achieve your goals in the health professions – and the health professions are growing: The Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies projects 31% growth in total U.S. healthcare employment in the next decade, which translates to roughly 4.6 million total jobs. Learn more:
- “Much faster than average” job growth is expected for physician assistants and physical therapists.
- Occupational therapy is rated a #3 healthcare career.
- There’s growing demand for post-baccalaureate certificates for those interested in medical school.
- Explore even more healthcare career options here.