There's a place for you in the world of fashion. And your journey begins at Stephens.
A deeply committed alumnae network, challenging industry internships, talented faculty trained in the fashion industry and an amazing energy for creativity are all hallmarks of a program that prepares young women for a growing global industry—one that’s full of possibilities. Collaboration among degree programs reflects how the industry really works while a solid liberal arts foundation and focus on women as leaders complements core curriculum.
Top 50 Fashion School
Stephens College has been named one of the Top Fashion Schools in the World by Fashionista.com, one of the largest independent fashion news sites. Stephens was one of only 19 U.S. schools to make the list and the only liberal arts college. Stephens is also one of few Midwestern colleges and the only women’s college to be associated with the Council of Fashion Designers of America.
Stephens has also been recognized as a top school by fashion schools.org for its design and fashion marketing and management programs.
- 30+ visiting professionals annually from all parts of the globe
- Study trips to international fashion capitals for credit (as well as additional opportunities through the Study Abroad office)
- Career-focused internships with companies like Nordstrom, Lancome, Victoria's Secret, Botega Venata, Anthropologie and Cosmopolitan magazine
- Innovative design/critic program that partners students with an industry professional mentor
- Stephens Fashion Advisory Board brings together national and international fashion leaders to provide students with networking opportunities. Board members work for companies like Louis Vitton, New York; Talbots; Paris American Academy, Paris; London College of Fashion, London; and Quenchwear, Los Angeles
- Annual sold-out fashion show that brings together all fashion disciplines; students showcase designs selected by a rigorous Jury of Selection or focus on event promotion and planning or styling
- State-of-the-art fashion labs
- 13,000+ piece historic fashion collection that can be used by students for visual display, design inspiration or to view fashion history in real time
- Amazing School of Fashion and Design faculty
- Stephens presents 'Brides of Downton Abbey' event
- Stephens among top 50 fashion schools in the world
- Fashion/Tech Hackathon at Kent State
- Junior starts internship at Seventeen Magazine
- Fashion students explore Chicago
- Pattern to Print class launches patterntoprint.tumblr.com.
- Exhibit tells 'Her Story,' showcases important fashion designers
- Students create pink dresses for Breaking the Pattern challenge