For use by Stephens College employees and students
1. First, obtain approval from your program coordinator, dean, or VP for academic affairs. They should send an email note to [email protected] affirming they have reviewed this request and approve it. They should specify the title of this research and the name of the PI (principal investigator) submitting this request for approval.
2. Then, complete this request as an MS Word document using this template. Include electronic samples of survey instruments, directions, and other materials to support your request. Save the document using the following file name: [today’s date] [first initial and last name of PI]. For example: August 03 2012mname.
3. Important Note: Surveys require an informed consent statement at the top of the instrument. Focus Groups and Interviews require a signed informed consent form for every human subject. You must retain these signed forms for a minimum of five years.
4. Upon completion of the research, send a copy of the data and any reports related to the research to [email protected].
5. Please use the following outline as your format. All information requested on the outline MUST be completed. Failure to do so will delay the approval of your proposal.
Outline of date needed in proposal:
Title of Project
Dates of Proposed Project
Sources of Funding
Research Methodology (please list participants, theory, methodology, coding, analytic techniques, plans for interpreting results, and expected results.
Potential Benefits and Anticipated Risks
Informed Consent Process
Principal Investor Signature and date (at end of proposal)
Supervisor’s Signature and date (at end of proposal)
Note: When submitting proposal, attached any blank consent forms you plan to use.
Submit all proposals to [email protected]
Most computers will open PDF documents automatically, but you may need to download Adobe Reader.