COVID 19 & Cell Phone Carriers
The following is provided as a convenience for those looking to explore their connectivity options. Carriers update information daily, so users should confirm these details with their carriers.
Assembled by: Shaashawn S. Dial, Inaugural Director of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Updated: 3/17/2020 11:00am
“Verizon signed onto the FCC’s new ‘Keep Americans Connected’ pledge. Verizon’s new customer commitment will help ensure connectivity and offer assistance to customers and small businesses facing challenges from the global crisis.”
- For the next 60 days, it will waive late fees that any residential or small business customers incur because of their economic circumstances related to the coronavirus.
- The company will not terminate service to any residential or small business customers because of their inability to pay their bills due to disruptions caused by the coronavirus.
Their teams are able to serve customers 24/7 by visiting verizonwireless.com/support/, calling 800.922.0204 or through the MyVerizon app.
In Home: https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/home
“As more and more people across the country are being impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19),we want our customers, employees and communities to know that during this very difficult time, Sprint is putting in place the following measures to help customers impacted by this unprecedented event”
- Sprint signed FCC Chairman Ajit Pai’s Keep Americans Connected Pledge. For the next 60 days, Sprint will support residential and small business customers by:
- Not terminating service if they are unable to pay their Sprint bill because of the coronavirus, and
- Waiving late fees incurred because of economic circumstances related to the pandemic.
- International Long Distance - Starting on Tuesday, customers with international long distance calling plans will receive complimentary international calling rates from the U.S. to countries defined by the CDC as Level 3.
- Unlimited Data - By next Thursday:
- Customers with metered data plans will receive unlimited data per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost.
- Sprint will provide customers with an additional 20GB of mobile hotspot data per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost.
- (Coming soon) Customers with mobile hotspot-capable handsets who don’t have mobile hotspot today will now get 20GB as well per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost.
For more information about these changes, please visit Sprint.com. Customers who prefer to, can easily take advantage of Sprint’s various self-service and digital options to get the help they need through the My Sprint App and the Online support center.
“As our company responds to COVID-19, the health and safety of our employees and customers remains our top priority. The work we do is critical to millions of people and companies around the world, and we’re committed to being there when our customers and colleagues need us most.”
- AT&T signed FCC Chairman Pai’s Keep Americans Connected Pledge . For the next 60 days, AT&T will support residential and small business customers by:
- Not terminating service Not terminate the service of any wireless, home phone or broadband residential or small business customer because of their inability to pay their bill due to disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Waive any late payment fees that any wireless, home phone or broadband residential or small business customer may incur because of economic hardship related to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Keep their public Wi-Fi hotspots open for any American who needs them.
- Unlimited AT&T Home Internet – All AT&T consumer home internet wireline customers, as well as Fixed Wireless Internet, can use unlimited internet data. Additionally, AT&T will continue to offer internet access for qualifying limited income households at $10 a month through their Access from AT&T program.
- AT&T World Connect Advantage – Business customers currently on or who purchase an AT&T World Connect Advantage package receive 50% off the current rate in a monthly bill credit (max $7.50/mo.).*
- Helping You Work and Learn Remotely – Businesses, universities and schools can keep their teams and classrooms connected through conference calls and video conferencing with Cisco Webex Meetings with AT&T for 90-days, and seamlessly forward calls to both mobile and landline phones with AT&T IP Flexible Reach.
- Distance Learning – AT&T is underwriting expenses for a “one-stop” resource center to support eLearning Days from the State Educational Technology Directors Association (SETDA) available to all educators in schools to help them handle school closures and the increase in virtual learning due to COVID-19.
- Offering free international calling for ALL current T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers to level 3 impacted countries.
The coronavirus pandemic is causing many hardships. If you find yourself in financial trouble and unable to pay your bill, we’re here to help you. Please contact us at 800-288-2020 for AT&T broadband, residential wireless or small business services and 611 from your AT&T device for wireless.
- Unlimited data - ALL current T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers who have plans with data will have unlimited smartphone data for the next 60 days (excluding roaming).
- Additional 20GB - Providing T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers an additional 20GB of mobile hotspot / tethering service for the next 60 days – coming soon.
- Working with our Lifeline partners to provide customers extra free data up to 5GB of data per monthover the next two months.
Businesses and consumers can talk with your Team of Experts by dialing 611. And you can also connect with us through Facebook and Twitter @TMobileHelp. If you shop with us online, we are offering free two-day shipping on devices for 60 days as a courtesy.