Library resources during campus closure
As we move to online classes beginning on Wednesday, March 18, we are providing information on the academic support services available to you. Campus offices remain open and ready to assist you. More resources will be added as they become available. (Updated March 13, 2020).
Contact the library
The Library will continue to have staff available to assist you and answer any questions you might have. Contact us in any of these ways:
Chat with us via the chat box on the Library homepage. Note the chat box is available 24 hours from Sunday to Friday.
Monday – Thursday: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday: 1 p.m. – 10 p.m.
For Spring Break (March 21-29) available Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. only.
Electronic Access to Stephens College Library Resources
The Stephens Library will continue to provide access to information resources while classes are being held online. Furthermore, the Library will continue to be available (through phone, email, chat box, and text) to assist students with finding the research materials they need.
Library Website: http://stephens.edu/library
The Library website will continue to function normally. Students, faculty, and staff can search for books, electronic books, electronic articles, and video using the various databases and online catalogs. We recommend using the search box provided on the Library homepage. You may be asked to enter your standard Stephens username and password to access the resources.
The Library will continue to provide access to both physical and electronic books. Both physical and electronic books can be searched by using the search box on the Library homepage. Physical books, including MOBIUS books, can be sent to you through postal mail if you contact the Library and provide your physical address. You can return any physical books when you return to campus. Please plan your research ahead of time as it will take an additional two to three days for physical books to reach you.
Electronic articles can be found searching Library databases and by using the search box on the Library homepage (recommended). Any article not immediately available in full-text can be requested by clicking on “Request this Item.” It generally takes two working days to receive requested electronic articles and you will receive an email notification when an article is available for access.
More Help Tips and Resources
As you prepare to move your classes online, I wanted to write and remind you that we do have many electronic resources that could possibly be helpful, including the following streaming video resources:
- Films on Demand – Over 25,000 streaming videos covering a wide variety of academic subjects.
- Psychotherapy.net - A collection of 50 streaming videos on counseling and therapy concepts and techniques.
- Digital Theatre Plus - Digital Theatre+ is a performing arts database specializing in video content and teaching tools. It provides unlimited access to over 900 full-length productions and educational resources.
We also have the following electronic book resources:
- EBSCO Electronic Books – Contains over 200,000 electronic books on a wide variety of academic subjects (unlimited simultaneous users).
- Overdrive eBooks & Audiobooks – Hundreds of electronic books and audio books available (however, most are not licensed for unlimited simultaneous users).
Also please note the following:
- The Library’s direct URL is: http://stephens.edu/library
- We have webpages of pertinent library resources for each major listed here: http://stephens.libguides.com/c.php?g=480259&p=3283645. You can grab the URL for any of these subject pages and paste it into Canvas.
- If you need any streaming, educational films please let me know and I can try to see if we can provide them for you. Feature films are difficult to license but it is quite possible for education focused content.
- We will continue to provide electronic articles through interlibrary loan, so long as other institutions continue their interlibrary loan services.
- We will continue to provide research assistance throughout this time period. Stephens students, faculty, and staff can contact us in the following ways:
- Phone: (573) 876-7182
- Email: email@example.com
- Text Message: (573) 475-4211
- Chat Box on the library’s homepage