The best way to jump start your Valentine’s Day is by heading to the kitchen and baking. Shy away from the traditional cookies and cupcakes because nothing says ‘I love you’ like indulging in a sweet homemade delicacy. So slip into your favorite red dress, put on your best red lipstick and make a batch of red velvet puppy chow for your valentine. Time to get creative.
5 cups Rice Chex cereal
¾ cup white chocolate chips
¼ cup chocolate chips
2 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
1 ½ tablespoons milk
1 cup red velvet cake mix
½ cup powdered sugar
1) Preheat oven to the lowest temperature setting
2) Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper
3) In a large bowl, measure out 5 cups of Rice Chex cereal
4) Fill a sealable large plastic bag with a mixture of powdered sugar and cake mix
5) Mix chocolates together in a large glass bowl. Place the chocolate in the oven, stirring occasionally, until fully melted and smooth
6) Pour the melted chocolate onto the Rice Chex cereal and stir the mixture until all the cereal is covered
7) Pour the chocolate-covered cereal immediately into the powdered sugar and cake mixture
8) Shake the bag until the Chex are fully coated with the powdered sugar mixture
9) Dump the puppy chow on the cookie sheet and allow it to cool
10) Mix in the heart and Valentine’s Day sprinkles and serve or pack in a Valentine’s tin for your loved one.
If you or your valentine are not immediately indulging in this puppy chow, keep it in the refrigerator or leave out the cream cheese and milk for a non-refrigerated sweet treat.
Recipe from: yourcupofcake.com