Faculty/Staff E-mail Services
Stephens e-mail is available to all faculty and staff. There are four ways faculty and staff can access e-mail at Stephens and include the following:
1. Users can access e-mail anywhere using a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome to connect to Outlook Web Access (OWA): https://webmail.stephens.edu/
2. E-mail is processed and managed on the e-mail server and presented through a browser window. E-mail stored on the server is subject to disk quotas. The OWA interface is slightly different and not every feature is available and is intended for occasional use while on the road or away from the office and on public access computers. (If you use a POP client on your pc and it is configured to download Stephens e-mail, configured not to keep messages on the server, and it's left open while using OWA, you will not see any messages after your POP client downloads them; therefore, close your POP client if you expect to see messages.)
Microsoft Outlook is an integrated desktop management system, which includes mail, calendar, tasks, journal, notes, group scheduling, global address book, etc. The mail component interacts directly with the server, which means all mail resides on the server.
Outlook Settings on your Personal Computer
1. Open Outlook
2. Click tools, then account settings
3. On the email tab, click new
4. This will pop up a window
5. Click the button Microsoft Exchange-POP3, IMAP, or HTTP
6. Click and put a check in manually configure server
7. Then hit next
8. Select Microsoft Exchange and hit next
9. The server type: webmail.stephens.edu
10. Uncheck "Use Cached Mode"
11. Then type in your username ( The first part of your email address before the @ symbol )
12. Click Check name
13. Hit next-after it Outlook verifies your name
14. Click OK- to the pop up window
15. Then finish
Adding your Email Account to an iPhone
- Our faculty/staff webmail is an Exchange server, so choose Exchange on this screen:
- On the next screen, enter your full email address, username and password (leave Domain blank).
- Click Next. If you are connected to campus wi-fi, the server should automatically fill with webmail.stephens.edu. If you are off-campus or using a non-Stephens connection, you will first get an error message. After getting the error, type in the server name: webmail.stephens.edu and then go to the next step.
- Next again, and Save. Finally, restart your phone.
Adding your Email Account to an Android Phone
On your phone, go to Email, then tap the options button. Then tap Accounts. Tap the options button again, then tap Add Account. Tap Corporate. Fill in email address and your Stephens email password. Then tap Next. Leave Domain blank. In the Exchange server field, change it to webmail.stephens.edu
Check Use secure connection, and Accept all SSL certificates. Then tap Next. Tap Next again. Enter a name that will display in your phone, then tap Done. Tap Done again.
The maximum mailbox size or server storage limit per user is 1.4 GB.
All incoming and outgoing mail is scanned for viruses.
Users who are on vacation or out of the office can set mail to notify senders that they are "Out of the Office" by sending a reply message. This setting can be changed using Outlook Web Access options. Please keep in mind that some e-mail lists may not filter "Out of the Office" reply messages, which can potentially flood a list with your messages.
Users can change their e-mail passwords using Outlook Web Access options.
For more information about POP and IMAP, visit the following link: ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap.vs.pop.briefIf you need help setting up your e-mail or if you're having problems sending or receiving messages on campus, submit a help request at IT Servicedesk and then call the Help Desk at (573) 876-2381 x4381 or send e-mail to [email protected].