Spring 2014 Events & Workshops
More opportunities will be available. Please check back for updates.
- Tuesday, January 28, 12:15-1:15pm: LGBTQ and Ally Webinar for Career Searching in Mezzanine Conference Room in LRW. Topics to include: The challenges that face LGBTQ students in the workplace, résumé preparedness for an LGBTQ individual, being out in an interview, being out in the workplace - coming out to supervisors, coming out to co-workers, knowing your rights in the workplace/state laws, resources available.
- Monday, February 3, 5:30-7:00pm: Etiquette Dinner in Senior Hall Recital Hall. Learn how to properly conduct yourself during a business meeting and interviews that involve a meal. To register, contact Amanda Roberts at [email protected]
- Tuesday, February 11, by appointment: Maurices on campus interviews. Students interested should contact Amanda Roberts at [email protected].
- Wednesday, February 12, 1-3 p.m.: Kansas City Reserve Bank will be in Columbia Foyer to answer questions about their internship and full time opportunities.
- Thursday, February 13, 12:30-1:20 p.m.: You the Brand: Applying big-company strategies to create, promote and leverage your personal brand. Location: Stamper Studio. Facilitated by Rebecca Kline, Director of Marketing and Communications. Opportunity to learn how to create a brand for yourself in preparation as a professional in your field.
- Tuesday, February 25, 5:30-6:30 p.m. Frozen? : Unthaw your self-confidence for a successful professional journey. Facilitated by Mallory Langston, Stephens Counseling Fellow. Location Stamper Studio. Do you feel like you are walking on thin ice before applying for internships or job opportunities? Do you freeze up before an interview or networking opportunity? Are you unsure how to navigate inner roadblocks? This workshop will offer advice, activities and techniques to melt your fears.
- Wednesday, February 26 On Campus Interviews Dillard’s in Columbia contact Amanda Roberts [email protected] to set up an interview time.
Tuesday, March 4 Mock Interviews with Stephens Alumnae 12:30-1:20. Location: Library penthouse. Must register to attend by contacting Amanda Roberts [email protected]
- Monday, March 10: Financial Wellness with Boone County National Bank 5:30-6:30 in Stamper Studio.
- Tuesday, March 18, 10am-1pm: Missouri Job Opportunities in Education (MOJOE). Opportunity to meet with over 100 recruiters and graduate schools for those interested in careers in education. Location: Hearnes Center at the University of Missouri. Orientation for candidates starts at 9:30 am. For recruiter list click on this link: http://education.missouri.edu/TDP/CAPS/mojoe_information.php
- Wednesday, March 12: Heartland Camps recruiter on campus in Stamper Commons.
- Wednesday, March 19: Dillard's Corporate recruiter to conduct on campus interviews. Must contact Amanda Roberts for information. [email protected]
- Monday, April 15, 7-8:30 pm: Peace Corps Information Session. Location: Stamper Studio.