Residence Life Department (Part-Time, 12 month)
Stephens College is a small, private, women's college that embraces a strong commitment to a caring and positive residential environment. The Graduate Resident (GR) expresses, by word and deed, the philosophy and policies of Residence Life and supports the mission of the College. GR lives on campus and works with the Residence and Student Life staffs to promote the intellectual, social, physical, ethical, and cultural development of all students. The GR works under the direct supervision of the Director of Residence Life.
- Enrollment in graduate program
- Prior tutoring and/or residence hall experience.
- A commitment to college student development.
Graduate Residents will receive
- full tuition waiver for graduate programs at Stephens
- stipend of $5,000
- free room and board
- free parking
- free wifi internet
- local telephone service with campus network phone system
- time off during scheduled vacation periods- Thanksgiving, Winter, Spring & Summer Breaks*
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Period of Employment : A ten month contract beginning August 1, 2013, and ending August 1, 2014. GRs may not accept additional employment without prior approval.
- The GR may assist in instructing the INT:101, Stephens Success course in the fall semester.
- The GR will average 20 hours/week . It is important that the Graduate Academic Resident be available to staff and students. Requirements will include evening meetings, hall/campus events, scheduled office hours, supervise and schedule work study staff operations at the front desk of residence halls and other on-campus positions, and on-call responsibilities .
- The GR will also average 20 hours/week during the summer months, including work in the Residence Life office. On-call responsibilities will increase during the summer months.
- GR is responsible for the opening and closing of the residence halls* for each break (including Thanksgiving, Winter and Spring Breaks) and each semester. Travel arrangements should be made with this understanding.
- The GR attends weekly meetings with Student Life professionals and residence life staffs within their buildings.
- The GR will be responsible for the development and implementation of programming on a regular basis to enhance the learning of all students.