Director of Philanthropy
Stephens College seeks a full-time Director of Philanthropy.
- Manage a portfolio of prospects from five national markets. This position involves extensive travel and an irregular schedule including evening and weekend assignments.
- Establish relationships between the college and prospective and current donor alumnae, friends and business leaders to obtain major and planned gift donations.
- Solicit gifts, sponsorships, volunteer support and partnerships through personal visits, phone calls and written correspondence and attending various meetings.
- Draft donor proposals and other correspondence.
- Research potential prospects utilizing the internet, newspapers, magazines and other means.
- Maintain call reports and portfolio moves management plans.
- In coordination with the Office of Career Services, direct the Career Connections Networking program.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Two to three years of experience in a development or philanthropy setting working on fundraising or alumni/volunteer relations or equivalent transferable skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational and writing skills.
- Must be able to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in higher education is desirable.
- Familiarity working with databases and office software is preferred.
Stephens College offers excellent benefits, including vacation/holiday/sick pay, health, dental/life insurance, tuition waiver and a college paid pension plan.
Please complete a Stephens College Application and submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Application deadline: Open until filled. EOE. A diverse community on campus is valued.