Master of Education in Curriculum & Instruction
The Stephens College Masters in Curriculum and Instruction is an innovative and convenient graduate program designed for certified early childhood and elementary teachers who are working full time. The program is built to promote theoretical knowledge in education and the application of professional classroom practices. Our knowledgeable faculty members are teachers and working practitioners in education who are dedicated to equipping you for success in the classroom. Our high-quality curriculum builds on Stephens’ strong undergraduate education program and an on-campus laboratory school for children pre-K through fifth grade.
- Examine curricula through an emphasis on a HOLISTIC approach to learning
- Implement what you learn through PRACTICUM and research experiences with children
- While meeting your work and life obligations with ONLINE classes during the school
The Stephens M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction offers:
- Accelerated 13-month program format
- Online classes during the school year
- Opportunities to learn from knowledgeable faculty who are also teachers or working practitioners
- Exposure to practical new techniques and skills to apply in the classroom
The M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction requires 32 hours of coursework. Courses are each four credit hours with the four-hour research course being conducted over 13 months. See the graduate catalog for specific degree requirements and course information.
Stephens accepts applications for the Curriculum and Instruction program throughout the year for a June start date. Applications are reviewed as they come in, with interviews being conducted during the spring. Please see details regarding the application process and complete admission requirements in our catalog or apply now.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition is billed by the credit hour with no fee differential for in-state or out-of-state students. Stephens researches tuition rates among peer institutions each year to remain competitive. See current Tuition and Fees.