Health Information Administration
Bachelor of Science
The Stephens College Health Information Administration Program was the first of its kind for working health information professionals who want to advance their career. Our HIA faculty members strive to equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to become a registered health information administrator (RHIA). We provide a solid education that combines business administration with health care systems so you can acquire the broad range of skill sets consistent with the administrative, medical and ethical requirements you need to work in hospitals, clinics and other health-related agencies.
At Stephens you will:
- Broaden your knowledge of FINANCIAL management and CLINICAL applications
- Enhance your PROFICIENCY by completing a professional practice component
- Learn to increase productivity and MANAGE health care information teams
- All online so you can continue to meet work and life obligations.
The Stephens HIA program offers:
- QUALITY: Our program is accredited by CAHIIM
- CONVENIENCE: Courses are offered 100% online
- STABILITY: Stephens was the first in the nation to offer a distance program for HIA professionals
- SUCCESS: Graduates of our program have more than 10 years of 100% pass rate on the RHIA exam
Students may choose either the Bachelor of Science degree program or the Post-Bachelor's Certificate. Complete degree requirements are available in the course catalog.
Stephens accepts applications for admission on a rolling basis. Students may begin their coursework in the fall, spring or summer terms. Please see details regarding the application process and complete admission requirements in our catalog or apply now.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition is billed by the credit hour with no fee differential for in-state or out-of-state students. Stephens researches tuition rates among peer institutions each year to remain competitive. See current Tuition and Fees.