Full Circle First Year Mentoring Program
The Full Circle First Year Mentoring Program is a mentorship program that offers first year and transfer students the opportunity to connect with an alumna mentor as they prepare to enter Stephens College. Mentees may seek advice from mentors on several issues including the transition to the college world, balancing school, work and personal life, and relationship building.
What does it mean to be a member?
Membership consists of young alumnae with a wide variety of backgrounds and career paths as well as current freshman and transfer Stephens students who seek guidance and a supportive community during their transition. The Full Circle First Year Mentoring Program is based on highlighting the value of networking and relationship building within the Stephens community. If you have any questions about the program please email [email protected].
Student Membership Eligibility
- Must be enrolled in 2013-2014 as a transfer or freshman student
- Must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Must demonstrate leadership and service to the college and community.
Alumnae Membership Eligibility
- Must be an alumna from a class 10 years out or less.
- All majors and levels of professional experience welcome.
- Must be willing to work with students from all backgrounds and majors.
- Be willing to be in contact with a mentee three times per month.
Participation and Requirements
- Students are selected to serve a one-year term throughout the 2013-2014 academic year; renewal is open to all members in good standing with the organization.
- Students in good standing will be eligible to apply to the Full Circle Professional Mentoring Program and be matched with a new mentor.
- Students must attend all scheduled meetings and fill out all surveys.
- Students must commit to active participation in the mentor-mentee relationship and a minimum of 3 separate contacts per month via email, phone, Skype, etc.