Stephens College Alumnae Association Scholarship Competition
The Stephens College Alumnae Association will be awarding three Alumnae Association Honors Scholarships to students for the 2014-2015 academic year. These scholarships will be awarded to rising sophomore, junior and seniors in recognition of academic excellence and contributions to student life on campus. In addition, a graduating senior will be awarded a $250 stipend and will be chosen to be the class speaker at commencement in May. The requirements and procedures for applying are listed below.
Student applicants shall:
- Be a current student at Stephens College
- Anticipate either sophomore, junior or senior status by August 2014 or be graduating in May if applying for the graduating senior award
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher.
Procedures for applying:
Submit the following by 5 p.m., Friday, February 14, 2014, to the Office of Alumnae Relations, Campus Box 2035, LRW-3rd floor, or FAX: (573) 876-7165:
- Typed application form and typed 300 word essay (topic described on bottom of application form)
- Two typed faculty recommendations (one must be from your academic advisor) also must be received in the Office of Alumnae Relations, LRW-3rd floor, by 5 p.m., Friday, February 14, 2014.
Download your scholarship form and faculty recommendations:
The Alumnae Association Board of Stephens College feels privileged to offer this honor to our current students, and we urge all who meet the necessary qualifications to apply. Awards will be announced at Honors Convocation on Monday, April 7, 2014.
It is the responsibility of applicants to be sure that the Office of Alumnae Relations receives their two faculty recommendations by the Friday, February 14, 2014 deadline. Regretfully, the selection committee will not consider late or incomplete application materials.
Questions? Contact Marissa Todd, Director of Alumnae Relations, at [email protected] or x4360.