Stephens Scholars Weekend: Nov 15-16, 2013
Compete during Scholars Weekend for one of SIX scholarship opportunities: THREE Full Tuition Scholarships and THREE 75% Tuition Scholarships
This overnight event provides an opportunity to speak with current students, faculty and members of the Admissions staff. There will be presentations on the admissions process, financial aid and academic highlights as well as campus tours. As part of the Scholars competition, the program also includes an interview and essay writing session.
- This event is held for high school seniors who have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 and an ACT score of 25/SAT 1700 or higher. To allow for official test score submission, the last date to take the ACT is Oct. 26 and SAT Oct. 5.
- In addition to meeting the above requirements, you must submit your admissions application and book essay following the prompt below by Nov. 3 at 11:59 p.m. You may submit your essay by emailing it to [email protected].
Writing Prompt: During the last year, what book have you read, or wanted to read, a second or third time? What qualities of your reading experience brought you back to the book for a second or third read? What general conclusions can you draw about yourself as a reader from the books you want to read more than once?
The writing must be in standard essay format: typed, double-spaced, 12-point font, Times New Roman, and one-inch margins. Maximum length is two pages.
- Register online now. An email will be sent closer to the event with overnight and medical release forms that you can complete in advance and bring with you for your convenience.
- Complete the Overnight Guest Form and the Medical Treatment Authorization.
Scholars Weekend Schedule
Friday, November 15
Check-In, Sign Up for Special Program Tours
Kimball Ballroom, Lela Raney Wood Hall
Academic Overview Sessions
Each of the five schools will have individual sessions to discuss their unique offerings and introduce you to our amazing faculty.
Scholars Weekend participants will rotate through the following sessions from 3-6 p.m.:
- Special Housing Options Overview
- Oh the Places You’ll Go!: Hear about recent internships of current Stephens students, connections made through Alumnae Relations, and Career Services
- Team Building Group Activity
Security and Administrative Offices Tour
Learn about the safety of your daughter here at Stephens, as well as the location of key offices on campus.
Meet & Greet Reception
Meet Overnight Hosts, Gather Luggage, Parents Depart
Overnight hosts will escort your daughter to Roblee Hall, where she will have dinner and begin the evening activities!
Saturday, November 16
Essay: Groups A & B
Student Panel: Groups C & D
Parents arrive for 10 a.m. Student Panel
Essay: Groups C & D
Student Panel: Groups A & B
Special Program Tours and/or General Campus Tour
11 a.m.-12 p.m.
End in Kimball Ballroom to pick-up luggage, and get your questions answered by an Admissions Counselor!
Don’t forget to sign up for a Special Program Tour during check-in!
- School of Organizational Leadership & Strategic Communication
- School of Performing Arts
- School of Humanities & Sciences
- School of Fashion & Design
- School of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Education/Human Development, Equestrian, and Filmmaking Programs