Transcript Request Forms
Please complete and print one of the following:
Form (Requires Adobe
Acrobat Reader to open)
- .docx Form
(MS Word) (Requires Word 2007)
- .doc Form (MS Word version 1997-2003)
- Unofficial transcripts are only available to currently enrolled students. Current students may print an unofficial transcript through the My Stephens portal.
- Former or graduated students need to follow the official transcript request process below.
- All transcript requests must be made in writing and must include the student's signature.
- All financial holds must be cleared on the student's account before transcript requests can be processed.
- The cost is $10 per transcript. Payment must accompany your request.
- Completed request forms can be mailed, faxed, or delivered in person to the Registrar's office.
According to the 1974 Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), we must have your signed permission to release your private record. Therefore, telephone and email requests cannot be accepted, as all requests must include the student's signature.
Office of the Registrar
1200 E. Broadway
Columbia, MO 65215
(573) 876-7279 (this is a secure fax machine located in the Registrar's office)
Requests may be dropped off in the Registrar's office, located on the Stephens College campus in Lela Raney Wood Hall, Room 248.
Office hours: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday through Friday excluding holidays
All transcript requests must include the following information: student's full name; former or maiden name, if applicable; dates of attendance; Social Security number; birth date; the student's current address and phone number; the address where the transcript should be sent; and the number of copies to be sent to each delivery address.
Our downloadable transcript request forms are available in both .pdf and Microsoft Word 2007 and 2003 formats. Please fill out the request, then print, sign and send it per the delivery options noted above.
Requests are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Normally transcript requests are processed and mailed within 1 to 3 business days, unless the student has a financial hold or has requested the transcript to be processed after semester grades or degrees are posted. Transcripts held for current session grades or for degree posting will be mailed approximately two weeks after the end of the term.
Transcript request processing may be delayed during registration and during the first and last week of each semester, so please allow 3 to 5 business days for processing requests submitted during these periods.
Standard delivery is via first class mail. Please note that the processing time of 1 to 3 business days does not include the time required for the U.S. Postal Service to deliver the request to its destination, or the time required at the receiving institution to route the transcript to its intended recipient.
Expedited delivery is available via Federal Express, provided you include a FedEx account number or prepaid shipping label (prepaid shipping label is recommended, as this allows returns to come to you, provides you with the tracking number, and gives you the option to pay for your delivery with a credit card).
Expedited delivery reduces the time required for the transcript to be delivered to its destination, not the time required to process your transcript.
Shipping labels can be obtained as follows:
- Go to FedEx.com
- Choose your location and click on “ship” (a drop-down menu will appear)
- Choose “Prepare Shipment”
- Log in if you are a registered fedex.com user, or choose one of the three options in the left column (Create a User ID for Shipping with an account, Create a User ID for Shipping with a credit card or Create a one-time credit card shipment)
- If you choose to register, follow the on-screen directions for registration
- On the shipment screen,
- Put your own address in the “from” section – this will ensure that the package is returned to you in the event it cannot be delivered
- Complete the remaining fields, print your mailing label and include it with your transcript request form
FedEx will directly bill you for the expedited delivery charges. This option allows you to pay for your shipment with a credit card.
Transcripts can be faxed, and the $10 transcript fee is charged for each fax number called.
Please note that faxed transcripts are not generally considered official, and that Stephens College cannot ensure the confidentiality on the receiving end for any documents that are faxed.
You may request that we hold your transcript request for pick up. If someone other than the student will be picking up the completed transcript, he/she must have a photo ID and a written and signed letter from the student authorizing him/her to pick up the transcript.
Payment may be made by credit or debit card, check or money order. Payment must accompany your transcript order.