- Apparel Studies
- Creative Writing
- Digital Film
- Digital Media
- Education: 3-Year
- Equestrian Studies
- Event & Convention Management
- Fashion Communication
- Fashion Design and Product Development
- Fashion Marketing and Management
- Graphic Design
- Health Science
- Human Development - Education
- Human Development - Psychology
- Integrated Marketing
- Public Relations
- Special Event Planning
- Theatre Arts
- Theatre Management
- Theatrical Costume Design
- Quick Facts
- Learn theoretical and practical approaches designing residential, commercial, retail and health care environments
- Work with real clients during your required internship
- Join Stephens' student chapter of the International Interior Design Association
B.F.A. IN INTERIOR DESIGN
A career in the interior design profession requires the ability to address the functionality and beauty of a space. As a freshman, you will begin to develop this ability while exploring the various aspects of the design industry.
You will study theory, textiles, finishes, material fundamentals, codes, acoustics, ergonomics, hand drawing, computer-generated drawing, lighting and sustainable environment management. The various studios focus on each path of design: commercial, residential, health care and retail design.
Through the Stephens hands-on approach, you will enhance your professional-level presentation skills as well as technical skills. This helps you develop concepts, formulate proposals and execute all phases of a project—from design to construction.
You can also stretch your creativity while becoming more familiar with the industry and delving into concepts of sustainability, ergonomics and special populations. In your senior capstone course, you will work hand-in-hand with a mentor on a design project reflecting your specific area of interest.
The Interior Design program also offers a minor in INTERIOR DESIGN. Click here for a full list of minors.
BACHELOR'S + MASTER'S PROGRAM
Earn a master's degree in as little as one additional year through our Bachelor's + Master's Program.