- Creative Writing
- Digital Film
- Digital Media
- Education: 3-Year
- Equestrian Studies
- Event & Convention Management
- Fashion Communication
- Fashion Design and Product Development
- Fashion Marketing and Management
- Graphic Design
- Human Development - Education
- Human Development - Psychology
- Integrated Marketing
- Public Relations
- Special Event Planning
- Theatre Arts
- Theatre Management
- Theatrical Costume Design
- Experience 30+ visiting industry professionals annually
- Take study trips to international fashion capitals for college credit
- Intern at companies like Escada, Marie Claire, WWD, Baby Phat
- Produce Stephens' annual spring fashion show
The Collections, our annual student designer fashion show, lets fashion students apply what they’ve learned in the classroom to a real runway setting, whether they’re designing clothing, planning the event or letting the public know about it.
Our fashion design students work all school year to turn their concepts into designs and designs into actual garments. Students are charged with coming up with creative denim and weekend wear, contemporary sportswear, and tailored designs. Fashion design seniors are responsible for entire collections . Each year specialty design categories such as garments with a social cause or engineered printing on fabric are part of the runway experience.
In the early spring, industry experts serve on the Jury of Selection, the panel responsible for determining which pieces will be highlighted in the fashion show and for picking winners in each category. Past jurors have included supermodel Karlie Kloss and alumna Brianne Ratliff ’03 from Armani Exchange.
Fashion marketing and management and fashion communication majors are responsible for planning the event from the lighting and music down to hair and make-up.
Our Student Designer Fashion Show, The Collections, has been a successful spring event since 1944 and often sells out before the day of the event!
At Stephens—where students learn by doing—you don't just read about the fashion industry. You experience it first hand.