- Apparel Studies
- Creative Writing
- Digital Film
- Digital Media
- Education: 3-Year
- Equestrian Studies
- Event & Convention Management
- Fashion Communication
- Fashion Design and Product Development
- Fashion Marketing and Management
- Graphic Design
- Health Science
- Human Development - Education
- Human Development - Psychology
- Integrated Marketing
- Public Relations
- Special Event Planning
- Theatre Arts
- Theatre Management
- Theatrical Costume Design
- Read your original work at public readings or submit it for publication or production
- Become an editor or member of the
production staff of Harbinger, Stephens’ award-winning arts magazine
- Join Alpha Epsilon Eta, our "Outstanding Chapter" of the Sigma Tau Delta International English Honor Society
Writers on the Edge
The Writers on the Edge Series brings to campus guest writers who are on the cutting edge of the industry—and in many cases on the edge of fame.
The series continues a rich history of visiting writers at Stephens College. Past guests have included well-known authors Toni Morrison, John Irving and Margaret Atwood and poets Marilyn Hacker, Adrienne Rich and Diane Wakoski, as well as Stephens alumna Leslie Adrienne Miller, who recently released her sixth poetry collection, Y.
More recently, Writers on the Edge has featured Devony Looser, author of “Women Writers and the Old Age in Great Britain” and “British Women Writers and the Writing of History.” Looser presented information on Jane Austen contemporaries.
Additional recent events include “Artist + Poet = Ten Years of Collaboration,” featuring Walter Bargen, the first Poet Laureate of Missouri, and award-winning artist Michael Sleadd.