- Apparel Studies
- Creative Writing
- Digital Film
- Digital Media
- Education: 3-Year
- Equestrian Studies
- Event & Convention Management
- Fashion Communication
- Fashion Design and Product Development
- Fashion Marketing and Management
- Graphic Design
- Health Science
- Human Development - Education
- Human Development - Psychology
- Integrated Marketing
- Public Relations
- Special Event Planning
- Theatre Arts
- Theatre Management
- Theatrical Costume Design
- Earn certification in Early Childhood Education and Elementary Education
- Teach in Stephens’ on-campus lab school and the Columbia Public Schools in practicum experiences
- Join a top-notch department: Stephens education students routinely achieve a 100% pass rate on the Missouri state teaching certificate exam
B.S. IN EDUCATION
Have you always enjoyed watching young children grow and learn, and thought you would like to become a teacher? To prepare you for a teaching career, our program will give you ample time to observe and understand how children – from infants through children in the elementary grades – learn.
B.S. IN HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
This degree is for those who desire to work with children and their families in a variety of settings. Benefit from combined study in the Education and Psychology departments and gain valuable knowledge and training in psychology and child development. Our lab school provides opportunities to observe and interact with children, allowing a deeper understanding of human development. Upon graduation, enter human services fields such as management, childcare, teaching, social services and drug or alcohol abuse counseling.
The Education department also offers a minor in EDUCATION. Click here for a full list of minors.
BACHELOR'S + MASTER'S PROGRAM
Earn a master's degree in as little as one additional year through our Bachelor's + Master's Program.