How to Apply
The first step to study abroad is preparing at home. Below is a useful timeline regarding when you should accomplish certain tasks before traveling overseas. Also provided are the necessary forms Stephens College requires you to fill out prior to studying abroad. If you have any questions regarding the forms or the procedure, talk to the Study Abroad Coordinator right away.
- Student must complete one full year on the Stephens Campus
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5or better
- No major judicial infractions
- Currently not on academic probation
Open the document below to review the Study Abroad Checklist that will help guide you as you prepare for a study abroad experience. It is critical that you visit the Study Abroad Coordinator to review this process and to ensure that you understand what is expected of you. Preparing for this experience requires that you visit with you advisor and that you begin the planning process at least a year in advance.
- Student Checklist (PDF)
|I plan to study abroad:||Application Due:|
|Fall Semester||March 1, 2013|
|Spring Semester||October 1, 2012|
|Summer & Yearlong Study Abroad||March 1, 2013|
Study Abroad Orientation session will be provided prior to departure.
The following forms are for the Stephens application process only. They are in addition to the application process you will need to go through at the host institution.
- Stephens Application (PDF | Word)
- Statement of Understanding (PDF | Word)
- Consortium Agreement (for those who wish to apply financial aid) (PDF)
- Directions to apply for Study Abroad with UMC School of Business (PDF)